Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Set list 3/24/2011

Okay so I apologize for this taking so long to get out.  I was extremely lazy all weekend and the truth of the matter is that when I recorded the set I messed up the recording so bad that I missed all of Recognition and I only recorded part of Instrumental.  Because of this blunder I was less enthralled to spend Saturday morning attempting to complete this.  Luckly there was no guest deejay so the only person to get upset is me...well and those of you who expected to listen to it.  Anyways thanks for hopefully being understanding and ya that is all.  Much love,


Recognition

Eddie Kendricks- Girl you need a change of mind
Skull Snaps- Trespassing
Three Degrees- Collage
Willie Hobbs- Do your own thing
Black Heat- Chicken Head
Little Sister- Stanga
George Duke- Prepare yourself
Roberta Flack- Killing me softly
Watts 103rd St. Band- Something you got
Rufus & Khan- Tell me something good
Betty Wright- I love the way you love

*Just a heads up as I type this I remember how horribly I was tracking everything (Hence also the problem with the recorder) and I have no clue if I forgot stuff or what.  I do recall playing the beginning of something at 45 that should have been played at 33 so maybe its best this set just drifts off into space...
**On that note, now I am actually listening to what I did record.  I actually recorded my friends and I hanging out and shooting the shit as opposed to the set.  What happened is I plugged the end I record into the headphones and I plugged the headphone end into what should have been recorded.  Dumb ass!

***Ok it turns out I messed up all of the recordings.  Oops, lets see if I can shoot for something better next week.

Instrumental

Richard "Groove" Holmes- Song for my father
Mayafra Combo- Mercy Mercy Mercy
Jimmy McGriff- Blues for a broken down funky old bus
Mort Garson- Ode to an African Violet
Alias- Oakland in the Rear view
Flowers Traveling Band- Satori III
John McLaughlin- Siren
Trans Am-
Grails- All the Colors of the Dark
Paul Mauriat- Mama

Ned's Mystery Machine

Caterina Valente- Kiss of Fire
Gandolf- Hang on to a dream
They Cycle- The Visit
Paupers- South Down Road

No comments:

Post a Comment